HAHN Plastics Automation, Inc. is designing, developing, and building high end automation for the plastic injection molding industry. We are a full-service, specialty machine builder—engineering, designing, developing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing custom automation solutions. Our mission is to partner with customers as a premier provider of innovative, well-engineered manufacturing systems and solutions to enhance their competitive advantage.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide the technical input and documentation control necessary to ensure the expectations in the design of automation solutions meets the customer specifications. This includes the creation of quotes, presentation and the review of the quotes with customers, completing the mechanical design of the system, and design reviews with customers.
Bachelor's Degree in a technical or engineering discipline.
- 1-5 years of experience as a mechanical design engineer in the plastics or automation industry.
- Competence in the use and manipulation of 3D modeling software (SolidWorks) preferred
- Experience in drawing creation for assemblies and details to include all dimentions, tolerances, and documentation to allow the manufacture and assembly of the design.
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- This position requires knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel and Microsoft Project Manager or similar project management software.
- Knowledge and experience of the plastic injection molding industry, experience designing automation or peripheral equipment in the plastics injection molding industry.
- Analytical and decisive to define, evaluate and solve problems in an organized process.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively on their own and as a team player.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.